As a premier school for piano and theory lessons, the artistic culture in JKPA emphasizes holistic development. It is our mission to educate all students, to develop them into academically and artistically well-balanced individuals. Our students grow with us over years, with the genuine ability to appreciate music and to have their lives thereafter, enriched by the disciplined study of the subject.
* The short extract on the right features Kellerine Quah, at the Raffles Institution Piano Ensemble Concert 2016.
- To ensure that all students are provided with the best possible training to excel in both the theoretical and practical components.
- To nurture and develop the potential of talented students with the ability and confidence to perform in public.
- To ensure that all graduate students are proficient in discussing musical topics, including musical history, composers and their works.
- To provide the best possible music education with the right values that will nurture the young into responsible professionals in the music industry.
- Examination oriented programme, based on ABRSM syllabi in music theory and piano performance.
- Evaluation of progress through series of performance classes, masterclasses and close interaction with teachers and parents.
- Participation in external events e.g. concerts, competitions etc.
- We set the standards and lead as a premier music school similar to ideologies and training methods used in Europe.
Profile of students: